500g ground beef
Mixed herbs (either dried or fresh and chopped)
Two Wholemeal Rolls
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
1/2 Red Onion, finely sliced in rings
Handful baby spinach
1 Tomato, sliced thinly
Whole Egg Mayonaise Mixed With 1 Teaspoon Mixed Fresh Herbs
1. Mix herbs and salt through beef. Shape into sizeable patties. Take your time to work them into a nice, substantial burger shape.
2. Cover and place in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Preheat grill to 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Place the butter and crushed garlic in a small bowl in the microwave for around 20 seconds. Mix well.
5. Slice the bread rolls in half and place on a baking tray. Spread one side with the garlic butter.
6. Slice the cheese, tomato, onion and pickles and leave to the side.
7. Quickly fry bacon in a frypan until cooked. Set to side.
8. Place tray with bread rolls under the grill and grill until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and place on plate.
9. Heat a griddle pan until it is very hot. Remove patties from fridge and place onto the griddle. Leave for approximately 8 minutes on one side (depending how large you have made them) until a nice crust forms on the surface. Turn over and leave until just cooked through.
10. Transfer patties to tray, place a piece of bacon and then a slice (or two) of cheese on top. Place under the grill for 2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
11. Now to build the burger. Spread the non-garlic bread roll half with mustard and herbed mayonnaise. Spread some tomato relish over the garlic half. Arrange onion over the tomato relish and lift the burger patty with cheese and bacon on top.
12. Top with sliced tomato and lettuce. Arrange the pickles over the mayonaise.