Recipe taken from the back of a Fowlers Vacola Jam Setta pack.
1/4 Cup Water
4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
50g Packet of Jamsetta
1.5kg granulated sugar, warmed
1. Wash, drain and hull strawberries.
2. Place in large saucepan with water and lemon juice and cook gently, uncovered, until fruit is soft.
3. Add Jamsetta and warmed sugar (to warm sugar place sugar in oven proof bowl and heat in oven preheated to 150 degrees celcius for 6 minutes) heat gently until dissolved, stirring constantly.
4. Bring to the boil and boil vigorously for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Skim scum from surface with a metal slotted spoon if necessary.
6. To test for a set, place 3 freezer proof saucers in the freezer. Once cold, remove and place a level teaspoon of jam on to the saucer. After approx. 30 seconds, run your finger through the jam, if set, jam should crinkle, if not, continue cooking for 3 minutes and repeat this process.
7. Once successful test for set is achieved, remove jam from heat and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes. Pour into sterilised, dry jars.