1 small pumpkin peeled and chopped into cubes
1 cup of pesto (click here for recipe)
250g Fetta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 Cup pepitas & sunflower seeds lightly toasted
1 quantity of fresh fettuccine (click here for recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin pieces on tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place tray in oven.3. Boil a large pot of salted water.
4. Once pumpkin is cooked, remove from oven.
5.Plunge pasta into boiling water. Boil for approximately 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving around 1 tablespoon of the cooking liquid.
6. Heat a large fry pan, add the cooking water & pesto. Add the cooked pasta and stir until the pesto clings to the pasta. Add the pumpkin and crumbled fetta and stir gently to combine. This step is really only to combine the ingredients.
7. Serve and enjoy. Sometimes I like to top the pasta with some peppery rocket dressed with balsamic and olive oil.