These little treats are extremely easy to make and wrapped separately make a sweet little Christmas gift. They also happen to taste pretty delicious.
1 x 1kg Dark Christmas cake (the pre-made square one you will find in your supermarket)
1 x tin condensed milk
3 x tablespoons cocoa
1 cup desiccated coconut
400g good quality dark cooking chocolate
200g good quality white cooking chocolate
1. Crumble Christmas cake into bowl
2. Add cocoa, coconut and condensed milk and mix well with wooden spoon
3. Roll mixture into balls and place onto a biscuit tray lined with baking paper. It helps to have damp hands while rolling.
4. Place the tray into the fridge. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water.
5. Once melted, take the prepared ‘puddings’ from the fridge. Using a dessert spoon, spoon the melted chocolate each individual pudding. Repeat until are all covered.
6. Place tray back into fridge. Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate.
7. Retrieve the tray from the fridge and spoon a drop of white chocolate on each pudding, gently helping it slide down the sides in long drips.
8. Place either some coloured cachous or cut some raspberries and spearmint leaves and place on top.
9. I like to wrap them separately in cellophane and tie with some twine. Keep refrigerated.