Adapted from Ready, Steady, Cook Recipe. Makes 18.
4 Cups Self Raising Flour
300mL Pouring Cream
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
1 1/2 cups Cooked Pumpkin, mashed
Pinch of Salt
Extra Flour, for dusting
Milk, for brushing
1/2 handful of sage, finely sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place flour, nutmeg, salt, cream and lemonade in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
3. Add pumpkin. And stir until mixed through.
4. Flour a bench and turn dough out onto it. Using a glass or a scone cutter, cut into scones and place on the baking tray. Brush a small amount of milk on top of each scone.
5. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly browned on top and they sound hollow when you turn them over and tap the bottom.
6. Mix butter and sage together and serve in a dish alongside the scones.