Inspired by Adam’s Grandma Dawn’s famous mini pizzas, these pizzas are simple but delicious. Easy to make a big batch when you have lots of people to feed. And can easily be made in advance, just reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes and refrigerate or freeze until ready to be used.
Makes 36 Pizzas.
4 sheets of good quality frozen puff pastry
Pizza Sauce (I always use this recipe but a jar of pre-made sauce would substitute well)
220g Bambini Bocconcini, Balls Halved
Bunch of Basil Leaves, Large Leaves Torn in Half
Good Quality Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut out circles of puff pastry with an egg ring. You should get 9 rounds from each sheet.
3. Arrange on baking tray. Spoon a generous tablespoon of mixture on each circle, leaving a border of approximately .5cm.
4. Place 1-2 halves of bocconcini on each circle.
5. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until edges have puffed and cheese has melted slightly.
6. Remove from oven, top each pizza with a torn basil leaf and drizzle with a little olive oil.