4 Lamb Shanks made according to this recipe
Cornflour (if required) To Thicken Sauce Slightly
2 Packets of Square Wonton Wrappers (Approx 40)
1 Cup Natural Yoghurt
1/4 Cup of mint (or 1 tablespoon mint sauce)
1. Once lamb shanks have been cooked, allow them to cool and shred the meat from the bone. Discard the bones.
2. If the sauce is a little too watery for what you would consider pie filling, place sauce and lamb in a medium saucepan and heat until reduced a little. Feel free to add a little cornflour at this stage to thicken if required.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Spray (well) a miniature muffin tin with oil. Place wonton squares into muffin tins with edges splayed out.
4. Spoon lamb shank mixture into the wonton wrappers, just enough to reach the top rim of the muffin tin as they will bubble a little.
5. Fold corners of each wonton in to make a little ‘parcel’
6. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until browned on top. Take out of the oven and bring one pie out to see that the base has cooked enough.
7. If ready, allow to cool in pan.
8. Snip some rosemary sprigs and push into the top of the pies while still hot.
9. To make the yoghurt, mix yoghurt and mint and serve with the pies.
To reheat the pies, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and heat for 15 minutes.