9 x Red Capsicums / Peppers
20 x Birds Eye Chillies
4 x Long Red Chillies
2 Tablespoons Hot English Mustard
1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
1/4 Cup Salt
2 Tablespoons Caster sugar
1 1/2 Cups Malt Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
2. Place capsicums into a large baking dish. Place in oven and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until charred black slightly on one side.
3. Remove from oven, use tongs to turn over. Return tray to oven for approximately 15 minutes, until blackened slightly on this side. Remove from oven.
4. Cover tray with a tea towel and leave until cool.
5. Once cool, peel the skins from the capsicums, open up and strip the seeds. Set aside.
6. Trim the birds eye chillies and trim and dice the long red chillies.
7. In a food processor, place all ingredients. I did this step in two halves as our processor is quite small.
8. Blitz until smooth. Taste, and add sugar or salt if required. If a runnier consistency is required, add vinegar.
9. Using a funnel, pour mixture into still warm, sterilised jars (I sterilise mine in the dishwasher but directions for other methods can be found here}