- In a small saucepan, add the water and sugar and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Put the figs, lemon zest and juice and vanilla and cooled sugar syrup into a bowl and leave at room temperature for an hour.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend the fig mixture until smooth
- Churn in an icecream maker for approximately 40 minutes.
- Store in a container in the freezer that is the perfect size to hold the icecream with only 1cm space remaining (to avoid ice crystals forming).
**If you don’t have an icecream maker, you can pour the fig mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and pop into the freezer until frozen. Then remove and break into pieces and place in a food processor and blend until smooth. Either serve immediately or place into a container in the freezer.