Adapted from Brisbane News Recipes, February 20-26 2013
200g Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
130g Plain Flour
110g Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
180g Quick-Cook Rolled Oats
300g Pitted Dates, Roughly Chopped
100g Assortment of Mixed Nuts (whatever you have in the cupboard – I used macadamias, pistachios and walnuts)
170g whole almonds, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
2. Line two loaf tins with baking paper
3. In a large saucepan, combine butter and honey and heat over a low heat until butter melts.
4. Remove from heat and stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mixing well to combine.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
6. Divide mix between the two tins and press down hard with hands to flatten evenly.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from heat and allow to cool in the tin, before cutting.