16 Wontons (using this recipe)
1 litre good quality chicken stock (or make your own using this recipe)
2 bunches of bok choy, cleaned with ends trimmed
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Pinch of Szechwan pepper, roasted and ground
Pinch of sea salt
1 medium chilli, diced (to serve)
1 spring onion, sliced thinly (to serve)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon white sugar
1. To make the chilli oil, heat the vegetable oil until it just starts to smoke. Remove from heat and pour over chilli flakes (in a heat proof bowl). Let steep for 30 minutes and then add in other ingredients and mix until combined. Set aside.
2. Heat the stock in a medium saucepan until it is simmering. Add the soy sauce.
3. Place a bamboo steamer over the top and steam the wontons for 5 minutes or until they are just cooked.
4. Meanwhile, in a wok, stir fry the bok choy until wilted.
5. Place four wontons in each bowl and place half the bok choy bunch.
6. Ladle the hot chicken stock into the bowl.
7. Mix the Szechwan pepper and salt together and sprinkle a tiny amount over the wontons.
8. Spoon a teaspoon of chilli oil over each bowl. Serve immediately.