4 x vine ripened tomatoes
A good glug of olive oil
Sea Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
1 tablespoon salted capers, chopped roughly
A few handfuls of baby spinach
1. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place the sliced pieces into a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin or meat until they are 1/2 their original thickness.
2. Prepare 3 bowls. 1 with the flour. One with the egg beaten together with the milk and the last with the breadcrumbs and thyme.
3. First dip each breast in the flour, then the egg wash and then coat in the breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and set aside in the fridge until you are ready for them.
4. Slice the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and set aside.
5. Mix the capers through the mayonnaise and set aside.
6. Diagonally slice the turkish bread and grill under the grill or on a griddle pan until suitably charred.
7. Remove the chicken from the fridge. Heat enough oil in a heavy bottom frypan to shallow fry the schnitzel. Fry until golden and rest on paper towel to drain excess oil.
8. Assemble the sandwich. Spread one side of the bread with the caper mayonnaise. Drizzle the other half with some extra virgin olive oil. Place the spinach on the mayonnaise and rest the chicken on top. Arrange the tomato slices on top and place the sandwich top.
9. Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy.