4 Cloves Garlic
1 large red chilli
2 small birds eye chillies (optional)
600g vine ripened tomatoes, chopped roughly
1 tin of whole italian tomatoes
300g bacon or panchetta, cut into strips
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon white sugar
Salt to taste
200ml Pouring Cream
1 packet fettuccine
Basil & parmesan for serving
1. Put a pot of water on the boil, add some salt and olive oil.
2. In a large, heavy bottom frypan, fry bacon with chilli, garlic and extra virgin olive oil until softened.
3. Add fresh tomatoes and tin of tomatoes and sauté for 10 minutes.
4. Add cup of wine, sea salt, sugar and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, with the sauce barely bubbling away.
5. While this is cooking, add the fettuccine to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
6. Add the cream to the sauce and mix well.
7. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce and mix all together.
8. Stir through torn basil, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some shavings of parmesan.
Thank you Bella for the recipe! x