3 ripe bananas, peeled
130g brown sugar
80mL vegetable oil
2 whole eggs
Splash of vanilla essence
210g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Grease and line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mash the bananas. Stir through the brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well until combined.
3. In a second bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt and spices.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the bananas and stir until just combined, taking care not to overwork the batter.
5. Pour into the prepared tin, spreading the mix out evenly before baking.
6. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or when a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before turning onto a rack to cool completely.
8. Cut into lunchbox serving sizes and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate or freeze until required.